I don’t know, I haven’t done it, but if you want a quick crash course do the following:
- Listen to the “Essentials” playlist on Apple Music or the “This Is:” playlist on Spotify.
- Listen to Losing My Edge on repeat for about 10-15 songs.
- Once your introduction to them is done, watch this short documentary on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/88726518
- Then, listen to their farewell live album The Long Goodbye
- Pay attention to the lyrics in the songs. They are great.
- Start to feel sad about never having seen them live. Watch Shut Up and Play the Hits, which is a recording of their farewell show/documentary about James Murphy’s decision to end the band. It’s $4.99 on Vimeo and worth every penny: https://vimeo.com/53152760
- Listen to the first three songs of American Dream, which comes out on September 1!